Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Missing Harmony


Harmony

Take note
Tune in
Strike a chord
Live in concert

http://mapoetpoems.blogspot.com/2015/06/harmony.html?showComment=1436374760852#c6521137903275930662



I went in search of words today
to describe my flustered mind.

I asked, what do you want of me
what can I do to help?

"I want you to sit with me 
and stay by my side."

I cried, I'll stay awhile 
but then I'll leave when you sleep.

"I'm afraid to walk," she said.
"I'm afraid to eat for I might choke."

You are not alone,
we are here to help.

"Papa and Mama came last night
but they didn't take me home."

I sat and listened 
and searched for things to say.

"Did you bring me pizza?
I like corn dogs, too," she explained.

When you feel better we will
drive out to the lake to see the flooding waters.

"Albert and I used to stand on the hill
and watch them build that lake."

Then she smiled and drifted away.
I watched her as she dreamed, and kissed her good night.

Sleep came at last,
fitful for me and I'm sure for her.

Another day of pain, fatigue,
and fear, while all we can do is watch.

I searched for words and found that 
we were missing Harmony.

Our chords are striking sharp and flat.
Our keys are not making  music.

Then I found harmony, in a friends words,
and in Alleen's red roses that bloomed today.

Such beauty there truly is in this world. 









9 comments:

  1. Oh, Letty, what a beautiful piece you have written. I love the way we harmonize. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of last weekend, my mother-in-law in hospice care. This poem that you have written really spoke to me of the frustration, love, and tenderness experienced at this time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so painful to stand by and watch our loved ones age. I"m so sorry you, too, are going through this time. It must be another passage, as my mother would have said. Thank you for your sincere comments.

      Delete
  3. COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. YOUR WORDS BRING SOOTHING PEACE. GOD BLESS YOU. sg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letty, that was beautiful !!! I had planted two knockout rose bushes this spring and I am enjoying them so much :) So pretty during this crazy rainy season.sc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful..and so touching....this touched my heart this morning...gf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and know
    Times are tough for you
    Jack and Alleen. God be with
    You.
    Love , Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear friend! Truly beautiful!!! I love the way you put your mind, soul, emotions and stories into words. I pray Alleen is doing better and feels some joy and peace today. I understand how difficult it is for you, Jack and your family and pray you will also find some joy and peace today. My thoughts are with you all.

    Hugs to you and Jack!!! kt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Those falls are just terrible at her age. nv

    ReplyDelete