Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Winter's Solstice

Some of us write

Some of us dream
Some of us sing
Some of us see  through the flash
  of a camera's lens.

Some of us view
  the sun rise
Some of us marvel
 at the sun set
Some of us listen to the chirps
 and clucks in nature's songs.
Some of us listen to winds whistling
 the changing of seasons.


Some of us greet each day with a
  sun salutation.

Some of us bow our heads in
  Thanksgiving for another day.
Some of us count our blessings in the
  love of friends,
  the beauty of God, and
  the nurturing of our family.

Some answer, "I do."

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Letty... and I like the musical accompanyment. Merry Christmas, and hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is great, Letty. I really get into every snippet you write. I just finished taking Lisa's Memoir I Writing class and I love it. I'm going to take the next one that starts in January. K.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow......you are doing fabulous with your writing!!!! This is a wonderful poem. You may need to start a book of poetry and short stories. KT

    ReplyDelete